Blog entry by Adefolake Adewusi
A significant value-add an MBA brings to bear in human interactions, is the ability to think critically or systematically if you like. Here are my critical thinking takeaways from our Analysis of Business Problems (ABP) classes:
1. Push boundaries. Curiosity is a key factor of learning.
2. Decision making is a process not an event.
3. Don’t thoughtlessly go with the norm as it is possible for the majority to be wrong.
4. Most people listen to respond, not to understand.
5. The sign of an educated mind, is the ability to entertain conflicting viewpoints without accepting them.
As our faculty says, ABP helps one make submissions that can be (successfully) taken to the (paranoid) bank (in exchange for money).
Cheers to deepening our critical thinking skills as we continue on this MBA path.
Bye Bye to the first semester *waves